Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Winged Eyeliner

Hi loves,
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! December was kind of a busy month so I didn't get to blog as much as I anticipated. I know a couple of you wanted me to do a blog on eyeliner so I apologize for the delay. A little late, but here you go! I did my best to take these step-by-step pictures so I really hope they help! I'm hesitating whether or not to make a YouTube video on this.  This is just a basic winged eyeliner look using gel liner and an angled/bent eyeliner brush. You can totally replace these products by using a different type of eyeliner brush or product. I have tried many eyeliner brushes, and this one is my FAVORITE! I find it the easiest to use! Also, instead of using gel/cream liner you can try liquid! I don't recommend using a pencil, because I personally find it harder to create the actual wing. You can definitely try it though! Just keep sharpening! ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions on this look or anything whatsoever. I love to help!
xoxo

Products I am using:
*Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush
*Sephora Waterproof Smokey Cream Liner


     Tutorial
Step 1: Dip your eyeliner brush into the gel/cream eyeliner. Look down into your mirror (just like when you're applying mascara) by tilting your head back a little, and gently draw a line close to your lash line. I suggest you work quickly, because gel liners tend to dry fast.
Step 2: Sketch the first line for your winged liner. I suggest you look straight in the mirror when doing this. Depending on your eye you might need to tilt your head back as well depending on the way your eye crease. Sometimes it helps to stretch out your eye a little with your finger.
Step 3: Connect the line by also tilting your head back.
Step 4: Fill in the gap.
Step 4: Line your water line using the cream/gel liner for a more dramatic look. I added a little eyeshadow on the bottom for a smokier effect. (Optional)
Step 5: Add mascara and you're done!


I love and appreciate all your requests so keep 'em coming!!!




2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this!!!! Thank you doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope this helps! I can always help you in person, too! ;)

      Delete