Thursday, November 29, 2012

Makeup Tips: DIY Eyeliner

I'm really excited about sharing this little cool trick with you girls! After Pinterest I noticed that a lot of people are really into the whole "DIY" (Do It Yourself) madness! So I asked myself, "Why not blog about something that is totally related to that!?" I then remembered about this cool trick that I learned back in beauty school about how to turn powder eyeshadows into liquid liners! It's pretty awesome because you can use ANY color eyeshadow. Instead of using common colors like black, brown, and even blue you can use something crazy like pink, purple, orange, etc! It might be a little too crazy for you guys, but honestly I don't see anything wrong with going to the grocery store with neon pink eyeliner! ;) 

So, here are the steps on how turn eyeshadow into liquid eyeliner:
You will need: 
*Some sort of spatula (or something to scrape off the eyeshadow) 
*Palette (or a something with a flat surface where you can mix the ingredients) 
*Water (I use MAC's Fix+ spray)
*Eyeshadow (your color choice)
*Eyeliner brush (your choice)
Step 1: Scrape off about a quarter-sized amount of eyeshadow.

Step 2: Carefully and slowly spray MAC's Fix+ (or water) onto palette. You'll need about a dime-sized amount. Don't spray or add directly to the scraped eyeshadow.

Step 3: Mix the eyeshadow and liquid until smooth. Make sure it doesn't get too watery.  If it does you can always add more eyeshadow. It should look like the consistency shown in the picture below.
 Step 4: Using an eyeliner brush, dip the brush into the product and apply to eyelid. It will apply wet, but will dry in seconds.


Here is another color I mixed. Pink!


1 comment: