Monday, November 5, 2012

BB Cream Phase (Review)

Hi girls! (and possibly guys)  :)

So, lately i've been on the hunt for the "perfect" BB Cream. If you don't know what BB Cream is well let me tell you!

"BB" actually stands for Beauty Balm (or Blemish Balm). 
It's an all-in-one product containing serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. Doesn't that sound amazingly convenient!? :D

I love the fact that it contains primer, because it helps seal fine lines and my large pores WITHOUT clogging them! It can be worn alone or under makeup as in foundation and/or powder. They do come tinted, but only provides sheer coverage which is why I wear actual foundation over it when I need that full coverage. Also, i'm very impressed with is the fact that they come with serums containing vitamins, nutrients and all that good stuff that our faces need. They can treat blemishes such as acne, sun spots and age spots. They may also contain anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory and soothing effects. AMAZING RIGHT!? :D 


I obviously haven't tried every single BB Cream that exists, but here are 4 that I have tried:

Dior - Hydralife BB Creme 
It's more liquid-based rather than creamy, but amazing! Covers my pores and fine lines.


 Loreal Paris- Magic Skin Beautifier
Affordable, and covers my pores the best! This one is actually my favorite of the moment!  It goes on white, but oxidizes to your skin color. It's my go-to BB cream!



Smashbox- Camera Ready
For being Smashbox, i'm honestly not THAT impressed :( It doesn't cover my pores which is a huge fail in my book, but on the bright side it does give me great coverage.


Maybelline- Dream Fresh
Great coverage, but seems like an ordinary tinted moisturizer to me. There's really nothing special about it to me. It didn't cover my pores or fine lines :(


Here are some swatches, which are obviously not blended in. 
(From top to bottom)
Smashbox, Maybelline, Loreal, Dior

Have YOU guys tried any BB creams? What are your thoughts?




2 comments: